Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain Review

We all know what it's like to have a loved one, who has always been a junkfood addict, have to straighten up and go on a diet. It's not just hard on them, it's hard on us, too. For instance, when it was too obvious to ignore that Mr. Kitty, had a serious junkfood problem from eating Meow Mix--putting on weight, throwing up, having asthma--I knew I had to do the hard thing and put her on a balanced, healthy diet.

This has not made either of us happy. While she will eat Rachel Ray's Zero Grain catfood, she makes it very clear as she broods over her cat dish and picks at it that she no longer has the joy she once had when she approached the cat food dish. She slides me glances that say: "I hope you're happy. I do this now for you, only out of a sense of duty. There is no sense of fulfillment. You've taken all the joy out of living with this move."

It's even worse when I indulge in a little junkfood myself. I feel compelled to hide in the bathroom and munch my potato chips furtively while she stalks around outside, pretty sure what I'm up to in there while forcing her to nibble on her healthy cat food. She doesn't seem to appreciate, as I do, the way her asthma has disappeared, she no longer throws up, and she's lost weight.

I don't think the small furbearing animals in this area appreciate it either. I have a dark, nightmare suspicion that she's taking out all of her angst on these poor defenseless creatures. She has that look in her eyes when she goes from her unfulfilling dish and then outside. I tell her that I'm only doing it out of love, but she doesn't seem to believe it.

All I'm saying is that while I think this cat food is top of the line and will help your cat to be healthy, don't expect to be appreciated by your feline friend for exercising your tough love muscles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment